RECOMMENDED PACKING LIST
Recommended items to bring from home or purchase upon arrival.
- sunscreen, sunglasses
- laundry detergent (coin-operated laundry onsite)
- basic first aid supplies (bandaids, athletic tape, tylenol or ibuprofen, prescription medicines)
- toothpaste, toothbrush
- shampoo, conditioner, soap, face wash
- feminine products
- razor, shaving cream
- hand, body lotion
- contacts, glasses
- hair brush, ties, pins
TO THE STUDIO
- refillable water bottle
- non-perishable snack items (Ziploc bags to prepare and pack snack items)
- yoga mat
- ballet shoes, socks
- books, magazines
- free-time activities
- spending money
- phone charger
FOOD & SNACKS
The Ayres Hotel provides a complimentary daily hot and cold continental breakfast daily. Students are responsible for providing all additional meals and snacks.
The room is equipped with a small refrigerator and microwave. We recommend packing some food items or stopping by a local grocery store before checking in. For longer stays, our housing chaperones can assist with trips to a local market to restock items.
The following is a list of suggestions for in-room dining options:
- sandwiches (lunch meats, bread, condiments, etc)
- fruit and vegetables
- instant rice
- easy mac
- string cheese
- Trader Joe's salads or prepared meals
- ziploc bags for on-the-go snack items
Minors with a signed Off-Campus Permission Form will be allowed to walk to a local eatery in groups of two or more.
Special Note: Breakfast is included in the cost of housing. Students should have cash or pre-loaded check card for other meals, personal expenses and outings. Backhausdance does not manage student's funds while they are at the Summer Intensive.
Note on Valuables: Backhausdance and the Ayres Hotel Orange will not assume responsibility for any lost or stolen valuables. It is recommended that no valuable items such as jewelry are brought to the Summer Intensive.